A entire five-volume reference at the defining clash of the second one half the 20 th century, overlaying all facets of the chilly struggle because it inspired occasions round the world.
• 1,299 entries protecting all features of the chilly battle from its origins to its aftermath, together with all political, diplomatic, army, social, financial, and cultural points of the conflict
• Over two hundred across the world famous participants from all over the world, many writing approximately occasions and matters from the viewpoint in their state of origin
• Over one hundred seventy five unique documents―a assortment that pulls seriously on lately opened documents from documents in China, jap Europe, and the previous Soviet Union
• greater than 470 robust photographs and illustrations plus forty seven maps detailing particular army conflicts and hobbies of varied groups
• Indexes which are either alphabetically and categorically geared up, overlaying humans, locations, occasions, guns platforms, and more
Read or Download The Encyclopedia of the Cold War: A Political, Social, and Military History, 5 Volume Set PDF
Similar Military History books
Eliot Cohen directed the five quantity survey. Lewis D. Hill, et al. authored this V. five. contains studies. the 1st document, A Statistical Compendium, concentrates on airpower-related points of the clash. geared up in approximately chronological order, it strikes from prewar strength postures and the deployment of desolate tract guard throughout the air crusade of wasteland typhoon, tabulating plane victories and losses in addition to the human price of the battle.
Comprises the diary of Lt. Gen. George E. Stratemeyer, the a long way East Air Forces commander throughout the Korean warfare. Edited by way of William T. Y'Blood essentially to make the textual content extra readable. Covers the interval from June 25, 1950 to may perhaps 20, 1951.
Titelzusatz: Ballett (Licht- und Tanzfeerie) nach Klavierst�cken Alexander SkrjabinsBesetzung: OrchesterKompositionsjahr: 1975Inhalt: Szene I: 1. Pas vite (Po�me languide op. fifty two Nr. three) - 2. Allegretto (Po�me op. fifty nine, Nr. 1) - three. Con delicatezza (Feuillet d'album op. fifty eight) - four. L'istesso pace. Vivo (Po�me ail� op.
The Snake within the DesertThe first iteration of SEALs used to be solid within the steaming jungles of Vietnam, their lethal abilities honed via strive against. yet jealousy brewing in the U. S. army paperwork threatened the way forward for the warrior elite, and shortsighted pondering pressured them into pitched battles in Grenada and Panama that the SEALs do not need fought and could not have gained.
Additional resources for The Encyclopedia of the Cold War: A Political, Social, and Military History, 5 Volume Set